I’m back today with a great lunch option. I’ve had these plenty times in the past and they have always left me satisfied. It’s a Vegan Sandwich which can be packed up and taken to School or Work. Even though it’s a packed lunch, I promise, you won’t feel like you’re missing out on anything: it has everything you need.
Today I used the Boca Vegan Veggie Burger patty, however, it’s actually my first time buying a packaged, frozen patty. I really enjoyed it though.
Usually, I would actually use a block of extra-firm tofu and just fry it off.
Both are great healthy and protein dense options, it just depends on whether you want a smoked meaty flavor in your sandwich or not.
What I like to do, is get my ingredients ready first, so all that’s left to do in the end is assemble them. So go ahead and prep your veggies and cook your patty or tofu, as you are toasting your bread.
– 1 Veggie Patty or 1 one-inch thick block of extra firm tofu
– 1 Vine Tomato
– 9 slices of Cucumber
– Alfalfa Sprouts
– 1/2 of an Avocado
– 1 tbsp of Spring Pea Hummus
– 2 Slices of Ezekiel Bread
– First make sure you toast your bread.
– On either slice of bread, slather on your Spring Pea Hummus or your Avocado
– Then, start arranging your veggies on top
– Continue by placing your greens and lastly your patty.
Take it with you anywhere by simply wrapping it in aluminum foil.
Hope you enjoyed this super simple but delicious lunch idea !